Wednesday, December 8, 2010

W & Q Teaser

Quite by accident, this old poem of mine happens to do a decent job of using my word and answering my question (of course, it only answers the question if you know the poems history... and the question). I will, of course, post an actual Word & Question original poem some time in the next week (I'm hoping for inspiration on my caving trip this weekend). Until then, enjoy this little throwback to my college days of versified romance. Cheers.

Snow

Falling snow, fall softly down
And sparkle in her raven hair
Winter wind, slip carefully
Across her face so fair
And bring a rosy glow
Into those cheeks as white as snow
Stars above, look tenderly
Upon this pretty lass of mine
White moonlight, glisten now
Shine in her kind green eyes
Oh show me nothing lovelier
Than this soft and glowing sight
Falling snow, fall softly down
And warm this chilly, winter night.

No comments:

Post a Comment